Saturday, August 6, 2011

Updates...

I realized that many times I blog about issues, catastrophes and things in progress, then I never come back to tell anyone how it ended. I am used to having only one follower who is also my dear friend. Now that I have a bunch of new friends, I figured it was only fair to share the updates.

In order to keep from boring you, I will only go back a few posts.

So Angry I could Spit: The ex took my advice and did not tell the hiring manager to F off. Instead he expressed his concerns. The manager said, "not sure where you got the 9:00 from, we close at 5:00 on Saturday". It was all a misunderstanding. The ex is still scheduled to start his new job on Monday, but I am NOT holding my breath. He did call me later and thank me for my advice about not telling the manager off. I almost fell over.

Nonna Nonsense Mondays: This one will always be a work in progress. Check back Monday for the latest things that happened since then. Trust me, it will be worth it.

More Arbitration at Our House: You will be relieved to know that there is a solution, even if it may only be temporary, to too much TV and sassy kids. I sat down with my darling daughter and told her that if we continued to have issues with TV, she would be grounded from it. I demonstrated this by grounding her for an entire day. That was sheer torture for her. At the end of the day I told her next time it would be two days. I thought she was going to pass out or cry. She refrained from doing either but was so serious about it that we had to include a line in our evening prayers asking God to help her be a better girl so she didn't lose TV privileges. Now, I am not stupid. I know this is only a temporary reprieve, but I will take it for as long as I can. That kid LOVES her TV.

Juggling Children: Nonna was actually way better with this arrangement than I had anticipated. I think she was relieved that she doesn't have to come over every weekend, but she can still spend time with us. I agreed to meet her for dinner on Friday nights, etc. so she could still see her Granddaughter every week. This may only be a temporary solution, but for now she seems happy about it. YEA!

Okay, I think that is enough of an update for now. Everything else is going along pretty well right now. The wedding plans are going nicely and the Honeymoon has finally been booked. We are in the process of selecting our DJ then all plans will be finalized. I do wish that my guests would get busy and return those RSVP cards. This is sheer torture seeing names on the list that I am pretty sure will attend whom have not returned their cards yet. It is already stamped, addressed and ready to go. Fill out your name and some numbers then lick the envelope and slap that puppy in the mail box. Come on team, get with the program!! :-D

That's all for now....tune in Monday for more Nonna Nonsense!

4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the TV part. I did the same thing to Mr. P recently and the tears were ever present. I say him down and informed him it was his decision to not watch tv not mine.. If he breaks the rules then that is the consequence. Funny enough it works fairly well. lol As for your mom I feel you pain. Your wedding will be great and you will have tons of guest. Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun post to read. Imagine an ex actually thanking you for advice. Why can't they all be that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine lost TV and ALL TECHNOLOGY for a month last year. The first 2 days were tough. After that,

    IT. WAS. AWESOME.

    Best punishment ever, and the house was so much less chaotic. :)

    ReplyDelete