Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's that big yellow thing in the sky...

After weeks and weeks of rain, thunderstorms, lightning, hail and high winds I am feeling a little anticlimactic today. The sun is shining brightly. The humidity level is down. They sky is so very, very blue. I should be feeling peaceful and happy that the storms have subsided for the foreseeable future, yet somehow I am not.

I feel bored, let down, disappointed, depressed...how sad is that?! Watching the storms roll in, listening to the weather reports on the radio, following the storm chaser chats on the Internet were a huge source of entertainment over the past few weeks. I think maybe I should have aspired to be a meteorologist or better yet, a storm chaser instead of following the safer path of office life. Almost nothing excites me like a good storm brewing.

Don't get me wrong, given the history of my life boring is good. Boring is way better than chaos any day of the week. I just have to remind myself that the sun is shining brightly in the sky as it should.

1 comment:

  1. Give us a week of this heat and we're gonna wish it was rainy and cold out.
    :)

    ReplyDelete