Monday, May 9, 2011

Moody Monday...

Woke up this morning trying to figure out which day of the week it was. I actually slept soundly through the night, had some steamy dreams about Richard Gere (move over Julia) and felt well rested when I woke up. I was even in a good mood, then I realized it was Monday and the whole thing went south from there.

I am normally a pretty cheerful person but I just couldn't bring myself to be in a good mood as I slunk out of bed and into the bathroom where I was greeted by a ginormous spider of epic proportion. It was really about the size of a silver dollar, but when it is unexpected, it is bigger x10. I had to sneak past the spider to get a shoe and the poor guy didn't even flinch as the smack of death came down. Then I grumbled some more as I cleaned off my shoe, wiped up the spider and flushed him off to a better place. Better than on my bathroom floor that is.

Next I decided to torture myself some more by stepping on the scale that lies like a five year old caught with her hand in the candy jar. Cussing at the scale never seems to lesson its lies. Next into the shower I go to wash the sleep from my mind and by the time I got out of the shower I am almost in a good mood. Off to the kitchen I go for coffee that is hot and ready, I love having a programmable coffee maker!

Once I have donned some clothes, slapped on some makeup and attempted to organized my disheveled hair I mentally prepare myself for the waking of the child that hates Mondays more than I do. Up the stairs I go, smile on my face and clearing my throat for the morning song which I sing off key no matter how hard I try.

Good morning to you, good morning to you, good morning, good morning, good morning to you. It's time to wake up, it's time to go to school. Good morning, good morning, good morning to you.

Followed by...

Get out of bed sleepy head, it's time to get up and get out of bed.

No wonder my daughter hates getting woken up in the morning! I am secretly hoping she remembers this with fondness when she gets older. I am able to overcome her normal Monday grumpiness with the promise of getting to wear shorts today (it's gonna be 92 this afternoon). She's up and in a great mood. Whew!

Drop her off at day care, sit through endless construction zone traffic and channel surf on the radio because nobody is actually playing music this morning only to arrive at work when something good finally comes on. UGH!

Thus begins the week with an up, down, up moody Monday morning...

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell Peanut that Barkley is showing her the butt each morning. That gets her smiling and then she can't deny that she's awake. If that doesn't work, then I'll use some other form of potty humor. We use our alone time to get our potty humor out of our systems. And if that doesn't work, I tell her the "Uppie Train" is leaving. Yes, I still pick her up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not me. My kids are up at 5 am. They know better than to come knocking before 630. :)

    ReplyDelete