Thursday, May 19, 2011

Internet Shopping Junky...

It seems I have replaced my candy addiction with an Internet shopping addiction. Maybe I had both addictions at the same time and just wasn't aware. Now, I am painfully aware.

There is something incredibly exciting about that e-mail that says my package has shipped. I immediately log on and see what the tracking status of my package is. Usually I get that "hey dumba$$, your package really hasn't shipped yet, check back later" message which just kills me. The next day, I log back in to see if my package has shipped for real now and where it is.

I wonder, which state will it come from? Where will it ship to before it gets to me? How many days before I get my package? It is like a soap opera to me. Shoes from Seattle, Books from Biloxi, Movies from Michigan...

When the package arrives I get an e-mail notification saying it is here and who at my office signed for the package. I immediately rush downstairs, find my package and rip it open like a pack of hungry dogs. Inside I find my Internet treasure, my well traveled item and my addiction goes on.

Then comes the let down. No more packages on their way. What can I order next? I get e-mails by the dozens, save 30%, 40%, 50%... I get catalogs by the hundreds, act now and take an extra $20 off your purchase of $75 or more. Ahhhh.....

Wait, what's that? My new gaming system that I swore I would never buy has just arrived? See ya....

1 comment:

  1. I go crazy searching for bargains on ebay and Amazon. I'm hooked too, but thankfully it goes in phases!

    ReplyDelete