Monday, April 18, 2011

Marvelous Monday...

Typically the week starts with more of a Manic Monday. Somehow over the weekend, I have managed to reset my Zen button and am feeling mentally better. I was kid free for most of the weekend and got to sleep in two mornings in a row. Well, 8:00 IS sleeping in for me. I still managed to get a few things done like laundry, ironing, sewing, vacuuming, carpet cleaning and some minor landscaping. All of those tasks required minimal thought about the task at hand so I spent a lot of time reflecting on my life and where I thought it was good and where I thought it was not so good. Sort of a personal inventory.

Somewhere along the way I realized that the goods were way more plentiful than the not so goods and those were trivial at best. I realized that I allow myself to get overwhelmed with the daily tasks which seriously knocks my sense of well being right out the window. If I approach those same tasks with a different mentality, I find that they become more enjoyable and end up in the good pile.

Not sure how long I will remember this latest lesson but I hope for a very long time!!

1 comment:

  1. See... laundry becomes "heavenly scent of fabric softner throughout the house"

    Working in the yard becomes "creating a warm atmosphere for you to come home to"

    And cleaning the bathroom becomes...

    ... yeah, you just can't make that one better.

    Especailly when you have all boys :)

    Glad your weekend was good. Sleeping in 2 days in a row? What's that like?

    ReplyDelete