Monday, June 27, 2011

Pre-Vacation Brain Overload

Right before going anywhere on vacation, my brain always starts going into overdrive. Did I remember to pack everything, have I held the mail, paid the bills, notified the FBI that we will be away so they can watch my house, reserved the SWAT team as backup in case the FBI is busy?

I started packing Friday night and we don't leave until Wednesday. I have packed, unpacked, repacked, added some more stuff on top of the suitcase and have decided to make a pile next to the suitcase for all other things that need to be packed. I even woke up in the middle of the night last night to mentally review everything I have already packed. I also have a list going of all of the things that still need to be done and all I can do is think about packing.

I might as well have taken today and tomorrow off from work as I will be thinking of nothing but my blissful vacation until then. It even includes a grown up weekend without the kids, right in the middle of it. We are going to stay with the BF's brother and sister-in-law plus their three children. There will be 9 of us staying under one roof for an entire week. I know, that hardly sounds like a vacation, but the kids go into pack mode and leave us alone most of the time.

Then, the kids will stay with Uncle Nino and Aunt Marcie while BF and I go to his 30 year high school reunion. Hilton Hotel, here I come. I wonder if Paris will be there to see how cute I will look in my new dress?

I have also researched all of the available spas located near the hotel and will be booking a morning or afternoon (4 hours) of bliss on Saturday. I am so excited about that part alone I am practically giddy! Okay, I will admit it, I am especially giddy! Rubbing, waxing, facial, painting and hair. Heck, people will think that I am Paris Hilton when I get back to the hotel...

2 comments:

  1. Lucky Duck! And nobody deserves a vacation more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE HE!

    I feel that way about my upcoming honeymoon. Vegas will be fun to take in but I'm really just looking forward to relaxing in the spa/ at the pool.

    ReplyDelete