Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wad it up...

I think I would like to take today and wad it up into a little ball and then throw it away. 

I got the feedback from the one, lone visitor group that came to our open house on Sunday.  The 8ft ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms are too low.  Really?  I don't know what the color of the sky is in your world buddy, but many homes have lower ceiling heights than that.  Who builds a home under a million dollars now with ceiling heights higher than 8ft on the second floor?

What I think really happened was that they liked the house, but just not enough to buy it.  You know when you find "The One" and this one just wasn't it.  When forced to come up with one thing that made the house "Not The One", they said something stupid about the ceiling heights.  Based on the wording the realtor used to write out my showing card, I would be willing to bet that English is not her first language and that the visitors fled the house in a panic when she started grilling them.

"So, Heir Gvessen, vat vas it zat made zis house not to your likingk?  Tell me, tell me...VAT VAS it? I'm vaiting, give me za answer!" All the while smacking her riding crop into her leather gloved hand...  Then Indian Jones comes swinging through the open door, snatching the couple up and delivering them to safety.  While they were being whooshed away, the wife said "the ceilings are too low upstairs..."  Yep, that's how it happened!!

Okay, I feel better now that I have made light of my situation and entertained myself to no end with the mental image of Indian Jones saving the prospective buyers. I guess I will un-wad the day and march on!

3 comments:

  1. It always makes me feel better to be goofy too. I think you need a new relator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. I'm so glad you unwadded the day.

    P.S. I wish my bedrooms had 8 ft ceilings. That sounds epic!

    ReplyDelete