Monday, April 23, 2012

Hurry up and wait...

With our house passing the inspection with a perfect score (can you believe that?) we are now in our hurry up and wait pattern.

Hurry - find another house to live in
Wait - for the Realtor to have time to show all of them to us
Hurry - make a decision on which one you want
Wait - for the bank to say how much money you are approved for
Hurry - make an offer on the new house
Wait - for them to tell you that you are absolutely insane - i.e. the counter offer...

Hubby just changed jobs which gave him the entire week to pack up most of our crap, which is a good thing, but now the mortgage company is saying we might have to wait to close on the new to us house because we have to have 30 days of documented employment on him to qualify.

What I am NOT doing is freaking out. I refuse to freak out anymore.  At the end of the day, we will have somewhere to hang out hats.  Whether that be in a hotel, a friends house or our "new to us" house, it will all work out the way it is supposed to.

The house we selected has an awesome view of the lake from almost every room in the house.  I feel so at peace there.  We pulled up to the house, got out of the car and on queue, the birds started chirping and the sun shone extra bright against a cloudless blue sky I almost felt like I was five years old again and in the back yard of our house.  I had a little flashback I guess...

We walked in the front door and I swear I hear the house sigh "at last, you have come - welcome" and every room we looked in, we saw the good and the potential rather than anything negative.  The other homes did not welcome us in, did not embrace us as we walked through but rather pushed at us and said "Tiny rooms, narrow closets, ugly tile, sagging fences, no, no, NOOOOO!!"

So, maybe this is why I will not freak out anymore, because I know that our new friend is waiting for us and we will be together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment