Monday, March 28, 2011

March 30th, 2011

I have been seeing a lot of references all over the place about living in the present. My step-sister put a quote on her Facebook that I had to repost on my page. "The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is and the future less resolved than it will be" - Author Marcel Pagnol. This really started me thinking. I remember my past fondly for the most part, but I have specific portions of my life that I remember as if they happened to someone else. Like reading someone else's story then remembering back to what I have read and pondering it as my past. I had the first book of my childhood when my parents were still married. The second volume of that story was my childhood after my parents divorced. Then there was the story of boys and parties and always on the go, go, go... Those books all seem to be part of the same series, but once I hit adulthood, the author changed dramatically and often. Each book has a distinct beginning and ending where it doesn't cross over into another book. No cliff hangers for me! I begin to wonder if this is normal. Do other people remember their lives as a series of events or chapters in the same book, written by the same author? Or, is life really a series of different books written by completely different authors? Some of my books are so different that surely the authors must be from different countries or speak different languages. I guess the point of this entry is to tell myself that I need to stop worrying about how the book is going to turn out and spend more time letting the best of all Authors - God, work out how this mystery will continue. I am pretty sure I know how it ends. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment