Thursday, May 31, 2012

I finally had a quick minute to put in a post.  I apologize for being such a periodic blogger, but life keeps happening and I don't want to miss the bus.

My daughter's last day of Kindergarten is today.  I keep trying to tell her that after school she will be a first grader, but she isn't buying it.  She gives me a patronizing look and tries to explain to me that 1st grade doesn't start until August and then she will be a 1st grader...  I have given up.

The weather has been crazy here this week.  We have had lots and lots of thunderstorms.  Some with hail, some with just heavy rain, but it has been a lot of everything.  I heard our old neighborhood had quite a bit of damage and I am hoping our new home owner's were able to escape without any.  I remember last year when the hail and straight line winds did a number on us.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Work has been crazy busy.  I have been traveling a lot and have learned that there is a ton more where that came from.  It scares me to think about how much time I may have to be away from home.  It is so hard on my daughter (and me too) whenever I am gone more than a day.  What can I do though?  I love my job and the company I work for.  I am hoping there is another way where I can be home more. 

The new house has finally been put together short of hanging some drapes that I don't have yet.  I think all houses should have the same number and size of windows so that you can take the draperies from house A and move them to house B.  After all, if you buy a pre-existing house B, those drapes are always UGLY!  My first house had pink walls with rose colored drapes.  They were so dark, heavy and dusty I almost had to hire movers just to get them into the trash.  Then it took a really big stick to keep them there...(Shudder)

Yesterday we lost my husband's father.  He had congestive heart failure and diabetes.  Mom and Dad had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last weekend.  We already had a trip schedule to go out there in June for an Anniversary party.  Now we will have to change it to a different kind of celebration.  It will be a celebration of his life rather than a mourning of his passing.

The thing that warms my heart the most is all of the wonderful notes my hubby has gotten from people telling the "I remember when" stories about his dad and how great he was.  Most of the time you get a "Gosh, I'm sorry for your loss", but with Joe we have a bunch of memories of the positive impact he had on the lives of his family.  I had only met him twice, but he was really a special man.  He always had something funny to say and it was never at the expense of others.

I think that just about wraps up what I've been doing lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment